RESERVATIONS AFFECTED BY COVID-19
All new reservations confirmed will be monitored in relation to the on-going situation and will be given flexibility around the cancellation policy.
Please note as of the government announcement on the 26th November; Cornwall will be placed in tier 1 from the 3rd December. All visitors to the The Harbourside Refuge Restaurant and Bar should do so within the current government restrictions for tier 1.
During the 5 days Christmas bubble, rules for hospitality will not be relaxed and therefore Christmas bubbles will not be permitted to visit the restaurant. Visits during these five days will need to be made in line with the current tier the county of Cornwall is in at the time.
For guests with dinner reservations, the restaurant and bar will be subject to the curfew of 11pm restrictions with last orders at 10pm.
Dinner reservations will now be available from 5.00pm to allow for early dining at a relaxed pace. Last orders for the restaurant will be at 8.00pm with last bookings taken at 7.45pm.
Last orders for the bar and beverages will be by 10pm.
We would like to ask our guests for their support during this unprecedented time and ask that if you are able to, to postpone your reservation as opposed to cancellation. This provides safety and security for the future of our business and we thank all of you for choosing The Harbourside Refuge, Restaurant and Bar.
HYGIENE STATEMENT AND AMENDMENTS TO SERVICES
For the safety and security of both our guests and staff we have put in place additional health and safety procedures. These extend to personal hygiene of our staff, cleaning procedures within the restaurant, PPE, social distancing and the amendment of operations and services to meet social distancing guidelines whilst protecting other safety and security measures.
The below details are not exhaustive or fully inclusive but published to give guidance and set expectations for our guests prior to visiting The Harbourside Refuge, Restaurant & Bar.
The below guidance and additional operational procedures will continue to be amended and reviewed in line with government policies, advice and guidance.
Policy for guest interaction (but not limited to) on site at The Harbourside Refuge
Track and Trace:
All guests, visitors, contractors and staff will be required to sign in for track and trace.
- Any guest refusing for their details to be taken for this purpose will be refused entry inline with new legislation.
- On arrival to the restaurant, we will ask guests to register using a QR code as guided by the team and show the server their confirmation before order. The NHS App for track and trace will also be available as an alternative method of registration.
- A record will be available to the NHS of customers and visitors for a minimum of 21 days, and held in a secure GDPR environment.
- Social gatherings of more than six people will be illegal in England from Monday 14th September. Tables will be limited to six guests unless the party is from the same household. There are further details and exemptions found on the Government website however the rule does extend to all ages and both indoor and outdoor gatherings. Households including support bubbles bigger than six can socialise together however this will not extend to socializing with anyone else at the same time.
- Weddings are limited to 15 guests and further information on COVID secure weddings can be discussed directly with the team at the restaurant.
- All seating arrangements have been placed to meet the 1-metre government advice for social distancing. Where tables and chairs have not been removed, certain seating may be placed as ‘not in use’ to maintain distancing.
- Guests are required to wear face coverings throughout the restaurant unless when seated at their table.
- All restaurant bookings must be reserved in advance and are specifically staggered to ensure social distancing in the lounge and restaurant. This is also designed to help managed ques at the entrance of the restaurant.
- To help us maintain social distancing for our staff and operations, reservation times will be strictly observed to ensure social distancing can be up-held. Please therefore respect your reservation time.
- Certain elements of our service will be amended, for those guests returning these will be minor changes until further restrictions can be relaxed. These minor changes have been considered to reduce contact points between staff and guests. Some services such as water and wine will continue to be poured on your behalf to reduce cross contact from bottles. Should you prefer to pour this yourself please speak with a member of the team.
- We remind customers who are accompanied by children that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines
- Social distancing between both our team and our team with customers will be observed where possible.
- Where social distancing is not possible, contact times will be limited.
- Screens are in place at both the host desk and bar
- Gloves and face coverings have been provided to our teams to mitigate the risk where social distancing cannot be applied.
- Markings and posters are around the restaurant to remind customers to maintain social distancing (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable, is acceptable) between customers of different households or support bubbles.
- Where the social distancing guidelines cannot be followed in full in relation to a particular activity, mitigating actions will be taken to reduce the risk of transmission between our staff and customers. Mitigating actions include:
- Further increasing the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning.
- Keeping the activity time involved as short as possible.
- Using screens or barriers to separate workers from each other and workers from customers at points of service.
- Using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- Our menu proudly features the very best of Cornish produce served breakfast, lunch and dinner. During these uncertain times our menu will be under review regularly as we continue to work our local suppliers as they too get back to business. Please note the menu displayed on the website may not be representative of the offering available on the day of your visit. Our daily specials will be offered in the restaurant offering the fish of the day and a variety of other creations from our team in the kitchen.
Guests travelling to and from the Harbourside Refuge Restaurant and Bar
- We advise guests to avoid public transport when travelling to The Harbourside Refuge. Should public transport be unavoidable; we recommend following government guidelines for public transport.
Entering and moving around the building
- There will be a managed entrance for guests, a member of staff will greet you at the entrance to check the name of your reservation. Our team will select a clean and socially distanced seating arrangement for you first before welcoming you further into the restaurant
- On entry points at the restaurant a sanitizing station is available and guests are encouraged to use this on entry to the building.
- Clear signage will be provided to remind customers to maintain social distancing and hygiene such as hand washing and the use of sanitizing stations.
- There will be clear floor markers to help maintain social distancing.
- Where possible, the team will bring card machines to tables to reduce congestion at our service stations and reception desks.
- Disabled access and parking will not be disrupted and will remain accessible.
- Where 1-meter rule is not possible, please follow the floor guidance and allow for people passing before proceeding.
- Guests are required to wear face coverings throughout the restaurant unless when seated at their table.
The restaurant services
- Cutlery and napkins will be placed on the table ready for each reservation to reduce the setting of the table while unable to maintain social distancing.
- Guests will be seated at their table by our team to ensure that tables are managed within social distancing.
- Condiments, salt and pepper will be available on request from the customer. They will be sanitized after each use.
- Please refrain from using cash. We encourage contactless payment or card payments at all times
- Table service only will be available, no service will be available at the bar unless for the ordering of takeaway.
- Dinner reservations are available from 5.00pm
- Last orders for the restaurant will be at 8.00pm with last bookings taken at 7.45pm.
- We advise the guest to maintain social distancing when using the guest toilets and to wait outside the toilet should the handwashing area already be occupied.
Observation of safety measures
- There will be clear guidance on expected customer behaviour, social distancing and hygiene to people on or before arrival and this information is detailed on the website. Failure to observe safety measures will result in service not being provided. This information is displayed on posters throughout the restaurant. Those who are visually impaired can be assisted by a duty manager who will explain the guidelines.
- Police and the local authorities have the powers to enforce requirements in relation to social distancing and may instruct customers to disperse, leave an area, issue a fixed penalty notice or take further enforcement action.
- Guests should be prepared to remove face coverings safely if asked to do so by police officers and staff for the purposes of identification.
- Where visits to venues are required, for example, inbound supplier deliveries or safety critical visitors, guidance on social distancing and hygiene will be given on or before arrival.
Accidents, security and other incidents
In an emergency, for example, an accident, provision of first aid, fire or break-in, our teams will not comply with social distancing guidelines if it is deemed by that member of staff to be unsafe.
Staff involved in the provision of assistance to others will pay particular attention to sanitation measures immediately afterwards, including washing hands.
All staff members will be wearing face coverings and gloves throughout the restaurant. These will be changed at regular intervals as guided by official guidance.
Staff members will also be adhering to strict uniform and personal hygiene requirements when on restaurant premises.
Hygiene and cleaning
- Our staff will be following strict personal hygiene requirements and uniform requirements.
- Our public spaces and regular contact points will be cleaned regularly
- All cleaning throughout the restaurant both back of house and front of house will be considered in line with government guidelines, including but not limited to frequency, products and equipment.